Monday, 18 January 2010

Bands That Changed My Life

From an early age, mix tapes, my dad's vinyls and record stores became small sanctuaries-friends. Music, especially over my teen years marked and imprinted on me in a way more than the other art elements could. I had a great love for literature, poetry and art, but it seems that music - for me - was always the fuel, the drive that give birth to these beautiful worlds.
Music would lullaby me to sleep, music accompanied me in the car on drives from Saturdays at the beach, music would quietly soothe starry evenings of tears as a result of a broken heart, or would photograph a beautiful memory with friends and lovers.
Whatever the case, music has always been there for me, it has such an encompassing power that it captivates both my heart and soul. It is my best friend, and its presence is ever important in my life.
Thank you music for being with me in both private and social circumstances, for being the bridge to meet others who hold the same appreciation. Thank you for offering your shoulder for me to lie on, sleep on, cry on.
For this lazy January Monday morning charged with winter blues, Ive come to re-appreciate the existence of the followings bands:

Nirvana, Joy Division, The Moldy Peaches, Belle & Sebastian, A Neutral Milk Hotel, CocoRosie, Devendra Banhart, The Cure, Daniel Johnston, God Speed You!Black Emperor, Sigur Ros, Bob Dylan, Iron & Wine, Noah Georgesson, Little Joy.

More For Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment